New Rules from 6 April 2017
The amendments to CPR can be viewed here SI 2017 No. 95
* Automatic strike out of claims where hearing fee not paid.
* No refunds of hearing fees for cases that settle before trial.
* The automatic strike out will follow failure to comply with a notice of trial date, stating the fee to be paid, by which date, which will specify the consequences of non-payment;
* In a strike out the claimant will be liable to pay the defendant’s costs;
* Any counterclaim will continue; and
* The same obligations will apply to the defendant continuing with a counterclaim (new rule 3.7AA).
* The court will have power to reinstate an action.
Attain are experts in helping firms deal with the new cost management regime. Call us on 01664 565325 or visit http://www.attaincosts.co.uk/