Role: Overall responsibility for client acquisition and retention and technical advisor to the business.
Skills & Expertise:
- Extensive experience in costs management, bill drafting and costs recovery work
- Group actions and costs management under bespoke and pilot schemes
- Qualified as a Solicitor in 1988 (last worked in private practice for Eversheds)
- Qualified as a Costs Lawyer in 2007 and has more than 23 years’ experience in costs
- Committee member of the Civil Litigation sub-committee of the Law Society
- Co-designer of the ‘J-codes’ and member of the Jackson Implementation Committee which is designing an electronic bill of costs
- Former member of the council of the ACL
- Recipient of the ACL ‘Chairman’s Cup’ in recognition of her services to the Association
- Author of the ACL report Modernising Bills of Costs. Click here to view the report
- One of the speakers on the Law Society’s ‘Litigation Costs and Funding Roadshow’ in 2012 which was designed to give practitioners an early insight into the new costs management regime
- Regular speaker, writer and CLSB accredited trainer on costs related issues
Deborah enjoys yoga and meditation, reading and being part of a book club, writing poetry, Nordic walking, baking and eating. She loves being with her family, particularly travelling the world with them.
To contact Deborah please email: email@example.com